Saturday, August 16, 2008

Double Ear Infections

For the past 2 days our family has been sleepy. Poor Nate's has been cranky and sick trying to recover from his cold. Thursday 8/14 we he slept 3 hours total. Friday night went down at 7 and woke up at 10. He was crying this whole time so we decided to take him up to OHSU on the hill.. ( We have re tared insurance this is the only place we can go) ie.. Travis is an OHSU employee.. Lucky us! We get up there in 40 min from the country. The waiting room is not that packed. So I figure 2 hours tops... Well there are tons of people coming in and out and some waiting people are moving in and out. They call us back for the vitals and I am thinking cool maybe an hour will be out of here... So at 2:45 am I ask the nurse how much longer.. "She says we have people back in the ER rooms and there waiting also I would says 6-8 hours" I was like " WHAT" I looked at Travis in that way that I do like going from nice wife to Enraged at OHSU.. I guess there policy for kids is that they can wait too. I guess in all honesty you have to be dying in order to see someone. So we can home slept for 3 hours. We woke up called the pediatricon and went in. Turns out Nate has double Ear infection.. He is now on all our favorite Bubble gum liquid... He seeming to be feeling better and we hope that we can get a full nights sleep.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sick babies are no fun! ps I added your blog to my blog list :)

Hutchens House said...

You rock sister!